As you will be aware, the NEU has a mandate for strike action for teachers in England and Wales, and they also have a mandate for support staff in Wales. NAHT also have a mandate for action from their members in Wales only.
Schools will be making contingency plans to prepare for the days of action, and to assist with this we remind you that our website contains general resources on industrial action,including planning for and managing issues on days of action.
Of particular relevance for schools will be our Industrial Action FAQs, which cover topics such as:
- the requirements for union notification of industrial action
- which employees can take strike action
- how to manage employees on annual leave or sick leave on days of action
- the rules on picketing and what to do
- pay deductions for those on strike.
More detailed information on contingency planning is also available in our guide to managing the threat of industrial action