South East Employers are looking for an enthusiastic Health & Safety Consultant to facilitate and run our South East Health & Safety Network.
The network is open to SEE member council Health and Safety officers and blue light services to attend every other month. See below for specific responsibilities.
South East Employers (SEE) is a regional employers’ organisation for local government. We are independent, member-led and not-for-profit, specialising in local government, working in partnership with other public sector organisations and the private and voluntary sectors.
The South East is the largest of the 9 regions in England with 70 local authorities (County, Unitary and District Councils), serving a population of over 9.2 million people. SEE provides value-added advice and consultancy support to local authorities in their capacity as employers leading and managing diverse and multi-skilled workforces providing services to their communities, undertaking their democratic function, responding to local and national change agendas and challenges.
Membership of SEE is voluntary and we currently have membership rate of approximately 55-60%. In addition, to larger councils, we have in membership over 100 smaller employers including fire and rescue services, parish and town councils, housing associations, colleges, universities, and charities.
A South East Employers Associate to manage and facilitate the South East Health and Safety Network meeting virtually on a two-monthly basis using Teams, with occasional in-person meeting if necessary.
Terms of the appointment
You will be a self-employed consultant working with SEE on an Associate Consultant basis and not directly employed by SEE. Any conflicts if interest must be disclosed prior to engagement.
- Facilitate members’ forums on a two-monthly basis allowing the members of SE Health & Safety Network to share information, sometimes of a sensitive nature. This responsibility includes:
- Liaising with vendors and consultancies for sponsorship
- Setting out the agenda with input from H&S network members
- Researching and finding any required speakers
- Taking detailed and accurate minutes of the meeting with a good understanding of with emphasis on issues pertinent to member organisations
- Ensure joining instructions are sent to all members
- For occasional in-person meetings – organising the venue & catering
- Manage the H&S network members with a dedicated Teams chat channel their dedicated channel. This allows the group to communicate online and receive information pertinent to the nature of the group.
- Engage with a variety of external parties with a view to keeping abreast of current issues pertinent to Health and Safety, maintaining suitable knowledge of current issues, products and services.
- Attend relevant conferences and exhibitions with a view to:
- Foster new (and maintain existing) relationships
- Attend presentations and workshops in order to develop knowledge for the benefit of the Health & Safety Network.
The services offered in this proposal will be delivered for a fixed fee per meeting. This will be paid by South East Employers either on a meeting by meeting basis or in quarterly instalments as mutually agreed by both parties in advance.
In the event that additional services are required, additional payments shall be charged at the day rate. Work shall not commence without an instruction in writing from South East Employers.