Advanced Democratic and Committee Administration programme
This two session virtual course is for Democratic Service and Committee Administration Managers including those in Member Services. The programme is targeted at those with experience in the role of Democratic Services or Committee Officer. We will not be covering the basic facts and knowledge elements of local government law and related matters. This programme is about discussing, analysing and interpreting topical issues and sharing information and views.
- To provide participants with the opportunity to discuss, analyse and interpret relevant legislation and practices within different authorities
- To enable participants to share good practice with each other and learn from more experienced practitioners
At the end of this 2-day programme, you will have a better understanding of:
- the interpretation of the legal and governance framework within different authorities
- best practice for managing a range of different meetings
- how to work more effectively with elected members
- current developments in the ethical framework and the application of the new code of conduct and more recent guidance; and
- how to draw up an action plan for improving your working practices
Tuesday 16 & Wednesday 17 January 2024 – you must be able to attend both dates
- £399 plus VAT per delegate from organisations in membership of SEE
- £450 plus VAT per delegate from non-member organisations.
Book your place now
If you have issues with the below form, please try using Chrome.
Please ensure you have read our Cancellation Policy before booking.
This course is now full – sold out
Please complete the form below if you would like to register your interest in the next available dates.